The deadline of filing nomination as a Presidential Aspirant ended on Friday, October 9. According to the E.C, a total of 17 presidential aspirants have put themselves up to contest for the presidential election in December 2020.
The break of the candidates are as follows: Three Presidential Aspirants as independent candidates when cleared by the EC and 14 are aspirants from political parties.
The exercise began on Monday, which saw three aspirants filing on Tuesday, two on Wednesday, seven on Thursday and five on Friday, which was the close of the exercise.
The Chairperson of the Electoral Commission, Mrs Jean Mensa, announced the close of the exercise and tasked the technical and Information Technology teams to scrutinise the forms and submit their report on Monday.
The General Public will be updated on the people who will qualify to the next stage of the process, said the E.C Chair.
These are the names of all the aspirants who had filed their nomination;
- Mr Alfred Kwame Walker — Independent Candidate
- Mr Kofi Koranteng — Independent Candidate
- Carl Asare Morgan — Independent Candidate
- President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo — New Patriotic Party
- Mr Christian Kwabena Andrews — Ghana Union Party
- Madam Brigitte Akosua Dzogbenuku — Progressive People’s Party
- Former President John Dramani Mahama — National Democratic Congress
- Madam Akua Donkor — Ghana Freedom Party
- Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings — National Democratic Party
- Dr Hassan Ayariga — All People’s Congress
- Mr Ivor Kobina Greenstreet — Conventions People’s Party
- Mr Henry Herbert Lartey — Great Consolidated Popular Party
- Mr Akwesi Addea Odike — United Progressive Party
- Mr Kwasi Busumbru — People’s Action Party
- Nana Agyenim Boateng — United Front Party
- Mr Percival Kofi Akpaloo — Liberal Party of Ghana
- Mr David Asibi Ayindenaba Apasera — People’s National Convention.