A Group, known as the Asante Professionals Club, is enraged about certain remarks made against Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, by the author and head of the Lighthouse Chapel International, Bishop Dag Heward-Mills.
The gathering’s shock about the “demonizing remarks” originates from what they say was the Bishop’s “finished numbskull expressions.”
In a viral sound, the famous worldwide evangelist in a message about sovereignty refered to the Asantehene for instance and scrutinized his effect and inheritance past the yearly festivals of his rule.
Not just has the message irritated the King’s subjects in the midst of online media outrage, yet there are additionally a few people who have taken steps to assault Lighthouse Chapel branches in Kumasi, the seat of the Asantehene.
Nonetheless, Bishop Dag Heward-Mills has apologized to the Asanehene clarifying that the hostile lesson was lectured 20 years prior.
He additionally said thanks to the King for dealing with the matter “generous”.
Yet, in an articulation to sort the records out, the Asante Professionals Club kept up that since Otumfuo’s enthronement in April 1999, he finds been a specialist of harmony and improvement in Asanteman and past.
Key among Otumfuo’s unequalled accomplishments, the Group says, incorporates the accompanying:
- Establishment of the $45 million Bodukwan Multi-Fruit Processing Factory
- Establishment of the $95 million Kumasi Mall
- Establishment of $100 million Asanteman Development Fund
- Otumfuo Education Fund, providing scholarship to brilliant but needy students
- Support to the Government of Ghana in engaging the Bretton Wood institutions and other investors
- Otumfuo Osei Tutu II Foundation supports rural communities with educational infrastructure, computers and healthcare.
- Securing $174million to support Ghana’s educational sector
- Otumfuo undertook the Manhyia Palace COVID-19 Humanitarian Relief valued at $1million
- Conflict resolution under the 2002 Dagbon Chieftaincy Crisis
- Institutionalization of the Kumasi Declaration in the 2012 Presidential & Parliamentary elections
- Establishment of the Asanteman Broadcasting Cooperation (ABC)
That is not all, the Asantehene is said to have given instructive help to a huge number of youthful Ghanaians to turn into the specialists, engineers, and other specialized specialists the nation urgently needs.
“Specifically, under Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, more than 600,000 understudies have profited with full grants and monetary help through the Otumfuo Education Fund.
Also, near one (1) million work areas and another (1) million school materials have been conveyed to understudies the nation over.
As per the gathering, “What is fascinating to note is that the recipients of these social mediations are not restricted to Asantes yet drawn from every one of the ethnic gatherings the nation over”, the assertion read in parts.
In his expression of remorse proclamation in any case, Bishop Dag Heward Mills likewise recognized the accomplishments of the Asantehene throughout the long term.
WATCH THE VIDEO: