VIDEO: “If that Military hospital were yours, would you have let it deteriorate?” Captain Smart questions political leaders

0
364

The yet-to-be-commissioned hospital in the Ashanti area of the Atwima-Nwabiagya District has lately come under fire after Onua TV in Accra reported on how the completed 500-bed facility is being let to deteriorate.


Captain Smart of Onua TV, who revealed the facility’s plight on his morning show, Maakye, said the sight of it demonstrates how selfish our politicians are.

He asked the various political party leaders if they had let the building deteriorate if it had been theirs.

According to Captain Smart, the hospital, a Euro jet project, was completed in December 2018 – as engineers had predicted – and that oxygen cylinders were procured and brought to the premises in 2019, but have since been abandoned to the mercy of rodents, insects, and the weather.


According to a Daily Graphic story from October 2016, the facility was 90% complete at the time, with the remaining 10% of work consisting of the installation of state-of-the-art machines that had just arrived in Tema.

The opposition National Democratic Congress has pressed the government to complete projects begun by Mahama’s administration, citing the Afari hospital as an example.

In a recent press conference, the New Patriotic Party’s General Secretary, John Boadu, mentioned the hospital’s completion as one of the achievements of the Akufo-Addo administration.

Two weeks ago, the government unveiled Agenda 111, the greatest infrastructure project in Ghana’s healthcare ecosystem, which calls for the construction of district and regional hospitals.

WATCH THE VIDEO: